Hello San Francisco

It has been over 10 years since my last and only trip to the United States. That time, I was a student and spent my summer working at Yellowstone National Park.

Besides Yellowstone, I only had a chance to briefly visit New York, so I got very excited when the American embassy in Calgary granted me a 10 year tourist visa to give me another chance to see the U.S. again.

It was time for a new adventure.  My boyfriend and I decided to go to San Francisco :)! We spent 5 nights in this vibrant city, and had a blast!

Day 1
I was so excited to see this amazing city from the sky. Look carefully and you will see the Golden Gate Bridge ;)



We decided to not waste time, so we dropped our luggage and right away headed to see the Golden Gate Bridge. It was huge... I felt like I was looking at a postcard, it was amazing!!!

 

 
Our next stop was Lombard street, we got there by walking from the Golden Gate Bridge. 


There were lots of tourists everywhere, long line ups to catch a cable car or to buy a famous chocolate Sundae at Ghirardelli.  I didn't get to try it as it was soooo busy :(  Ghirardelli was only a couple blocks away from the Lombard Street.



We decided to walk to our hotel, which took another 40 minutes. Be prepared, walking in San Francisco can be very tiring. Lots of steep hills that you have to climb :) I was exhausted that day!

Day 2
On this very sunny day we went to Santa Clara to watch a 49ers game at the new Levis' Stadium, which is about 1 hour away from San Francisco. Although we had nose bleed seats, I had so much fun!!! First time watching American football and seeing Americans tailgating :) Such a good game, 49ers won!!!




to be continued...
(Alcatraz, Muir Woods, Napa and Sonoma Valleys, Alamo Square, China Town)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...