Canadian politeness and leftover egg

What very positively surprised me in Canada is Canadian politeness. Canadians are really polite, 95% of them. They greet you each time they see you, always with a smile. They ask how do you do and always have positive attitude.

Sometimes someone starts to talk to me on the bus or on the train and when I respond, most of the times they seem surprised hearing my accent. And first thing they ask is "Are you Russian?" :)

Anyway back to the point, Canadian politeness. It was something new to me seeing people who say hi to the bus driver, thanking him for the drive and wishing eachother good day and they don't even know eachother. That is a really nice start of the day, you feel good when someone wishes you a good day.

If I said hi to the bus driver in Poland and wished him a good day, he probably would look at me really weird :)

Today was a day like yesterday until I found one leftover egg in the fridge and made Polish racuchy! Racuchy are really puffy, with pieces of apple, they melt in your mouth. Delicious!!! In Poland I always made them using fresh yeast but this recipe is based on buttermilk and it was suggested by one of my fanpage fans, Katarzyna.

1,5 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2/3 cup flour
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
vanilla sugar (I got it from Polish shop)
1 medium size apple

Peel the apple and cut into small pieces. Buttermilk, egg, flour, salt, baking soda and sugar whisk in a bowl until texture is smooth. Add the cut apple. Pan fry on an oiled pan, on medium heat until brown. Sprinkle with icing sugar. You can also eat it with marmalade or maple syrup. Instead of apples you can add blueberries, banana or raisins.

Enjoy!
And these were made in Poland using fresh yeast.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you used the recipe!
    I hope you liked them just as much as we do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katarzyna :) I loved them! really delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...